Shastri Market Chandigarh is one the best places to visit if you are a budget-friendly shopaholic. It is situated in sector 22 Chandigarh near Kiran Theater and is one of the oldest markets in Chandigarh. This market is famous for various reasons, want to know more? Keep reading!
Sector 22 market Chandigarh is one place where you can buy anything at a very affordable price. The market is also known as Sector 22 Chandigarh Cloth Market. The main feature of this market is its variety and price range. You can take complete advantage of your bargaining skills in this market. Although, some vendors are hard to bargain with.
Table of Contents
What can you Buy from Shastri Market sec 22 Chandigarh?
There are numerous shops in the Shastri market. You can buy various things from this market. The main attractions of Shastri Market are mentioned below-
- Clothes- Literally, you can buy clothes for the whole family from Sector 22 market. From a newborn baby to old age, there is a huge variety when it comes to clothes in the Shastri market.
- Shoes- From bridal wear to sports shoes, you can get a huge variety of shoes, sandals and other footwear.
- Bags- There are many vendors of bags and suitcases in this market. You can even get copies of Luxury Purses of various high-class brands.
- Home Decor- Whether it’s curtains, mats, antique pieces, or photographs, you can get anything in the Shastri market. There is a huge collection of Artificial flowers and other decorative materials.
- Artificial Jewelry- A most common scene at Shastri Market is huge stalls of artificial earrings and other jewelry items. This jewelry is good in quality at a very reasonable price.
- Cutlery- Another item you will find here is cutlery items. You can buy reasonable dining sets and other kitchen items like mugs, cups, knife sets etc.
What are the Timings of Sector 22 Market Chandigarh?
Sector 22 market Chandigarh’s timings are from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm. The market is open 6 days a week and is closed every Monday. The best time to visit Shastri market is around 11:00 am to 11:30 am as the crowd is very less at that time. Otherwise, this market is very crowded, especially on weekends.
Which are the Famous Shops?
There are many famous shops in Shastri Market which provide you with quality products at very reasonable prices. Sector 22 Shastri market Chandigarh 210 booth is a garment shop from where you can buy ready-made clothes for men and women. Sec 22 market Chandigarh 320 is another great shop to buy wonderful stuff. Besides these booths, some local vendors don’t own any shops in the market but still sell great stuff. You need to roam around to find the perfect pick for you.
Things You Need to Know Before Visiting Shastri Market Sector 22
Now here we are giving you some personal advice that can help you a lot while visiting Shastri market Chandigarh.
- Always carry a big Cloth bag with you as the vendors don’t provide you with plastic bags. It is a strict instruction to them to use only paper bags. So, to avoid the hustle, always carry a big bag with you.
- Sharpen up your Bargain skills. Yes, you need them in this market as you can make a huge difference in your budget with this. There is a lot of margin in the products which you buy from the Shastri market and vendors are selling them at a good profit. Use your bargaining skill to bring them down.
- Don’t shop from one vendor directly. First, roam around the market and get to know about the product price and try to bargain because some vendors are not that stubborn.
- There are various food stalls around the market. Juice, chats, Kulche, these are some excellent street foods you must try out here.
- The products you get from the shastri market are non-branded so you have to compromise on quality sometimes.
How to Reach?
You can get to the market by bus, auto-rickshaw, cycle-rickshaw or by your personal vehicle. But it is advised to use public transport to reach here as this market is situated near a residential area and you might not get a parking spot near the market.
For the landmark, you can use Kiran Theater.
Do visit this place once in your lifetime
It is heaven for the shoppers who don’t want to spend a fortune. It is one of the attractions of Chandigarh among others. Have a happy shopping!